Our website advises you of our products and provides an ordering facility. In order for us to provide you with our website and services we may need to collect personal information about you.
- What personal information we collect about you when you use the Website
- How we use your personal information
- Who we may share your personal information with
- Any transfer of personal information outside of the EEA
- How long we keep your personal information
- What we do to protect your personal information
- What choices you have in relation to your personal information
This website is owned and operated by Stitch Designworks Limited (Company No. 04186140) whose registered office is at Cranston House, 5 Wain-a-Long Road, Salisbury, SP11LJ. If you have any comments or queries about this website please contact email@example.com.
We last updated this Privacy Statement on 11 May 2018.
Personal Information we collect about you
What information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name and address
- your contact details including email address and telephone number
- what kind of products you are interested in
- other information to allow us to process your order (such as delivery details)
- correspondence about your order
- your payment details
- details of products we have provided to you in the past
We collect information about you in two different categories:
- Identifiable information – this is information that allows us to identify you such as your name and email address, telephone number etc
- Anonymous information – we may collect information that does not personally identify you but categories you into a group or sector (e.g. age, marital status, lifestyle) and we can use this information to tailor our products and services more accurately.
Personal Information you give us
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- Fill in an enquiry form
- Request our newsletter
- Contact us by email or post
- Contact us by telephone
- Purchase goods from us
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you visit our website or use our services, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- Your IP address (the name your computer used to identify itself to you)
- The number of times you visited our website
- The pages that you visit
How we use your Personal Information
To provide our website, process your request for information or your request for products or services, we may use your information in the following ways:
- to provide you with the products you have asked for
- to send you marketing materials (if you have agreed to this)
- to contact you about a request you may have made
- to process your payment
- to fulfil any contracts you have entered into with us
- to help us develop the website and make it better for all users
- to administer our website (such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research)
- to keep our website safe and secure
Our legal basis for using your information
The law only allows us to use your personal information in certain limited circumstances. We have listed these below and what information they allow us to process.
1.) Where you have consented to us using your personal information
When you submit information to us on our website, we will process that information in order to comply with your request for further information.
2.) Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you
Examples of how we may use your information in order to comply with a contract that we have entered into with you:
- to provide the goods you have requested
3.) Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests
We may provide you with marketing information about our own products and services similar to those that you have purchased or enquired about (unless you tell us to stop).
4.) Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
An example of how we may use your information to fulfil a legal obligation:
- Keeping records for tax purposes.
We may provide you with information about products, services, special offers, and other news where we feel these may interest you. We may use your information for market research and analysis including profiling so that we can ensure that we tailor our offers to your likes and needs.
Depending on what contact information you have given to us, we may contact you by email or post. We will only do this where you have consented to receiving such information from us.
You can opt out of such marketing at any time and if you wish to do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing your Personal Information
Other third parties
We may share your information with certain other third parties including:
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Our website providers who need to see your information in order to keep our website up and running
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyse information about your use of our website and help us to tailor the product and offers that we offer to you and other users
We work with the following organisations:
- Amazon AWS - Cloud data storage services (www.amazon.com)
- Microsoft 365 –Email and Microsoft Applications (microsoft.com)
- Xero – accounting software (xero.com)
- Capsule CRM – database (capsulecrm.com)
- MailChimp – email marketing software (www.mailchimp.com)
Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell our business in which case the personal information that we hold will be part of the transferred assets
Third Party Privacy Policies
Where we store your Personal Information
Storage of Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that our suppliers have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse. All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party located in the EEA.
All third parties who provide services or software to us are required to sign a contract requiring them to have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse.
Retention of information
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information.
We have a retention policy which lays down timescales for the retention of information. Customer data retention periods can be found below:
Type of Documents
Description of Document
Name and contact details of people expressing interest in our goods or services.
Up to 24 months from last contact
Name and contact details of all customers including emails, addresses and payment information
Two years after last order.
If you chose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of such information until it is delivered to us.
Access to information
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the information that we hold, please contact Fulfilment Officer at email@example.com or write to us at the address above.
Changing or deleting your information
You can ask us at any time to change, amend or delete the information that we hold about you or ask us not to contact you with any further marketing information. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you.
You can request that we change, amend, delete your information or restrict our processing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to prevent Automated decision making
You have a right to ask us to stop any automated decision making. We do not intentionally carry out such activities, but if you do have any questions or concerns we would be happy to discuss them with you and you can contact us at email@example.com.
Transferring Personal Information
You have the right to request that your personal information is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. Ii may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
If you have been through the internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the result, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted as follows:
Address: Information Commissioners Office
How to Contact us